FOSTERING GROWTH. ENCOURAGING CHANGE.
Our Vision: As an independent private foundation with a visionary board, the Gifford Foundation is uniquely positioned as an innovating presence in Central New York. Through our initiatives, grantmaking and community engagement we direct our support in an intentionally transformative and flexible manner. It is our fundamental belief that change at the individual or organizational level holds the potential to institute change at broader community levels.
We facilitate this change through
• community grants, mini-grants and a leadership award
• transformative capacity building initiatives
• significant commitment of staff to community engagement
• trainings, workshops and convenings
• partnerships and collaborations
The Rosamond Gifford Charitable Corporation (The Gifford Foundation) is a private foundation dedicated to the stewardship of the funds entrusted to its care. The Foundation is committed to using its financial and human resources to build the capacity of individuals and organizations to enhance the quality of life for the people of Central New York.
1. We believe that the Gifford Foundation, in order to be knowledgeable and able to develop, should be enthusiastic about what they do, be open to learning from those with whom they work and be actively engaged in the community.
2. We believe that the Gifford board of trustees, in order to advance our grantmaking and initiatives, should be engaged in and informed about the Gifford Foundation and its role in the Central New York community.
3. We believe diversity adds value. From our staff and our board through our grantees and our community, we see diversity as representing different backgrounds and perspectives, thinking and abilities, and the willingness to listen to and understand divergent points of view.
4. We believe that organizations supported by Gifford should believe in enhancing their leadership, should value diversity as described above, should have the capacity to grow and should be open to change.
5. We believe that we build trust through open, honest and candid interactions.